The École française d’Extrême-Orient awards scholarships to research students tenable for periods of research in an EFEO or ECAF Centre in Asia.
- Funding type: forfeit allowance.
- Amount: a monthly stipend varying between 700 and 1 360 € according to the academic level of the applicant (MA or PhD student) and the country of field research in Asia.
- Duration: 1 to 6 months.
NB MA students are eligible for field research scholarships not exceeding two months
- Discipline: research in humanities or social sciences applied to the history and civilizations of Asia.
- Qualifications: applicants must hold a BA, MA degree or a recognized equivalent qualification.
- Languages: good command of the language(s) required to successfully complete the field research project, as well as a working knowledge of French.
- Area: scholarships are tenable in EFEO or ECAF Centres in Asia. The research proposal must be compatible with the work of the Centre selected.
Deadlines for applications
- 31 March 2012, for scholarships tenable between 1 January and 30 June 2013
- 30 September 2012, for scholarships tenable between 1 July and 31 December 2013
NB Candidates may be awarded up to two scholarships for a total duration not exceeding 9 months
For further information:
Website: EFEO Field scholarship 2012